I was fascinated by this show last year, although it sometimes felt like you needed to consult additional materials to try and understand it at times! And it was a real bummer for us Japanese-impaired that the last two chapters of the visual novel were not animated last summer. Now they'll be doing those plus an original chapter. I wonder what they'll do with that? The track-record for anime series that depart from their source material into original territory is not too good, and we'll have to get through that part to get to the rest, but it could be good. Certainly they will have a decent number of episodes to develop the story, with 24 for three chapters as opposed to 26 for six chapters last year (although the chapters were not all the same length).
26 April 2007
Higurashi News
I was fascinated by this show last year, although it sometimes felt like you needed to consult additional materials to try and understand it at times! And it was a real bummer for us Japanese-impaired that the last two chapters of the visual novel were not animated last summer. Now they'll be doing those plus an original chapter. I wonder what they'll do with that? The track-record for anime series that depart from their source material into original territory is not too good, and we'll have to get through that part to get to the rest, but it could be good. Certainly they will have a decent number of episodes to develop the story, with 24 for three chapters as opposed to 26 for six chapters last year (although the chapters were not all the same length).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm really excited! A little worried about how much effort studio DEEN is going to put into the 2nd series, too, but mostly excited. It's kind of strange that they're creating an anime-original chapter, rather than animating some of the cannonical stories that have been created since the original 8 were released (like those made for the PS2 version). We'll see how it turns out in July, I guess.
Well, with DEEN doing the new series, it at least implies that there will be stylistic continuity with the previous season. It's not a continuation by another studio, like with Fullmetal Panic, or a complete remake like Kanon.
Post a Comment